Site Contributions

Who's Online
None

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghabin
Youngling

re: I still need some more help ._.

I have two characters, an assassin and a shadow, and they're both low lvls yet.

I have noticed the skills these have are basically the same ones but with different names and different icons (might not be true as I go higher in lvl.. someone please correct this statement if wrong).

I was wondering if, in the same way, (in the skill tree) all skills in Kinetic Combat were the same as the ones in Darkness; in Infiltration the same as the ones in Deception; and the ones in Balance the same as the ones in Madness..

Another question I have has aroused from the many other forums and guides I read about raising these type of characters (Assassin, Shadow). Is the Standard 31/0/10 really the most recomendable? I have yet not developed a certain "fighting style", I'm just watching advanced players PvP and trying to learn in order to be able to help other Guild members later as they have been kindly willing to help me as the newbie I am.

And what does it mean that Assassin/Shadows are the only tanks with the ability to heal themselves? Is this an ability I'll get later as I develop my characters? or is this referring to the "hp absorb" that Dark Charge and Combat Technique seem to have?

Thanks a lot,

Ghabin

Honderin
KingDemonwing
Padawan

I'm not actually to sure about them but Shadow/Assassin are pretty much the same play style and their techniques are pretty much the same, the exception being force lightning/project. But in terms of tree skills they're pretty much the same just some slight variations in where they are located in the trees and the names of the trees themselves and skills themselves. Now as for the self-healing capabilities you'd have to ask Vertigo as he has a lvl 55 Shadow, but as he said last night he won't be on till after the 7th of July.

Jedi Master

re: Re: I still need some more help ._.

ghabin wrote:
I have noticed the skills these have are basically the same ones but with different names and different icons (might not be true as I go higher in lvl.. someone please correct this statement if wrong).

I was wondering if, in the same way, (in the skill tree) all skills in Kinetic Combat were the same as the ones in Darkness; in Infiltration the same as the ones in Deception; and the ones in Balance the same as the ones in Madness.

You are 100% correct that the skills between assassins and shadows are the exact same but with different icons and a slight name difference in the description. Both classes are absolute mirrors of each other and have the same skills as the opposite from tree to tree (Kinetic/Darkness, Deception/Infiltration, Madness/Balance.

Here are a couple examples of the 2 mirror'd tree's.
Kinetic tree
Darkness

ghabin wrote:
Another question I have has aroused from the many other forums and guides I read about raising these type of characters (Assassin, Shadow). Is the Standard 31/0/10 really the most recomendable? I have yet not developed a certain "fighting style", I'm just watching advanced players PvP and trying to learn in order to be able to help other Guild members later as they have been kindly willing to help me as the newbie I am.

The 31/0/10 build is pre 2.0 and when the max level was 50. The new build "Recommended" by Noxxic with a max level of 55 would be 36/5/5. I have modified it slightly by using a 38/5/3 build by taking both points out of Psychokinesis in the balance tree and putting points into Expertise for the added damage from my techniques to be able to hold aggro easier and Martial Prowess to be able to use my spinning kick out of stealth for the added interrupt.

ghabin wrote:
And what does it mean that Assassin/Shadows are the only tanks with the ability to heal themselves? Is this an ability I'll get later as I develop my characters? or is this referring to the "hp absorb" that Dark Charge and Combat Technique seem to have?

Between the 3 (or 6 if you want to consider the mirror classes also) tank classes (Vanguards, Guardians, and Shadows; Shadows are the only tank class which have the ability to heal themseleves. Harnessed Shadows or Harnessed Darkness located on the 6th tier of the Kinetic tree allows you to restore 2% of your maximum health by using Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning. Not only that but Battle Readiness for Shadows and Overcharge Saber for Assassin's are and ability we get that heal for 15% of your maximum health also.

Kája (55)- Telekenitics Sage
Vertígö - PVP Shadow
Bank'o'goodies - Bank overflow

Snapshote (55) - Operative Medic
Aeön - PVP Assassin (Lowbie bracket)
Audri - Marauder

PVP kills: 5500+
ghabin
Youngling

vertigo3467 wrote:
The 31/0/10 build is pre 2.0 and when the max level was 50. The new build "Recommended" by Noxxic with a max level of 55 would be 36/5/5. I have modified it slightly by using a 38/5/3 build by taking both points out of Psychokinesis in the balance tree and putting points into Expertise for the added damage from my techniques to be able to hold aggro easier and Martial Prowess to be able to use my spinning kick out of stealth for the added interrupt.

and, since assassins and shadows are the exact same, I could just use one build for both and have the same play style, right? :D

Thanks for answering me Vert Happy

Windigo
vertigo3467
Guild Master
Jedi Master

ghabin wrote:
and, since assassins and shadows are the exact same, I could just use one build for both and have the same play style, right? :D

Exactly. The only difficult thing is remembering which name goes with what ability envy

Vertígö - PVP Shadow

Audri - Marauder

ghabin
Youngling

Quote:
Between the 3 (or 6 if you want to consider the mirror classes also) tank classes (Vanguards, Guardians, and Shadows; Shadows are the only tank class which have the ability to heal themseleves. Harnessed Shadows or Harnessed Darkness located on the 6th tier of the Kinetic tree allows you to restore 2% of your maximum health by using Telekinetic Throw/Force Lightning. Not only that but Battle Readiness for Shadows and Overcharge Saber for Assassin's are and ability we get that heal for 15% of your maximum health also.

Vert, how much difference does healing 17% of your total health help you in actual combat?

PS: it's hard to see you nowadays, how have you been? (:

Windigo
vertigo3467
Guild Master
Jedi Master

I'm assuming you are talking about the 15% instant health restore from Battle Readiness (Not quite sure where you are getting 17% but have an idea) but it is a pretty significant ammount. Windigo is currently sitting at just above 37k HP before stims. If i was to pop my battle readiness, it heals me for around 5500hp. Pretty useful for soloing or if your healer goes down and trying to down that boss.

Vertígö - PVP Shadow

Audri - Marauder

ghabin
Youngling

I said 17% because I added the 15% from Overcharge Saber and the 2% from Harnessed Darkness..

Windigo
vertigo3467
Guild Master
Jedi Master

The extra 2% from harnessed Darkness does not stack on top of the 15% from battle readiness since it's a totally different ability which directly affects force Lightning and not battle readiness. Basicly you have 2 ways to heal yourself in a fight. First threw battle readiness as your big heal and the 2nd being force lightning threw harnessed darkness as your smaller heal.

What I thought you might have been referring to when you said 17% was if you were standing in your own phase walk to proc assassins shelter which adds 2% to the healing received increasing the 15% healing you would get from battle readiness to 17%. However, I would rather recommend give that buff to the healer of the group since they would benefit from it more than if you gave your self the buff.

Vertígö - PVP Shadow

Audri - Marauder

ghabin
Youngling

I see, I'm always grateful for your kind and helpful responses vert Happy

btw, is it possible that an orange equipment of mine becomes "outdated"?
I've been playing with the same chest armor that I was using when I met you and the lightsaber that you gave me. I've been changing the components inside as often as I received new pieces by completing quests (didn't really go shopping for them for a while...)

Yesterday while playing, I noticed that a new orange chest armor would increase, among other stats, (+armor).. Since I really like hoods, I took the components of the new armor piece and inserted these into the one I've been wearing. Problem was not solved, though. The new armor had all red numbers except for the (+armor). Even the lightsaber that you gave me is now weaker than a green-class lightsaber I earned through a quest.

Windigo
vertigo3467
Guild Master
Jedi Master

The orange custom gear pieces do not become outdated because they are just the shell. The armoring, mod, and enhancement that you put in will become outdated though. Make sure you keep those updated and as long as you do that, you should have no problems. Hell, i was still using my "Lightsaber" that I left Tython with on my sage until just recently when i picked up a new one just for the looks.

As far as the pieces turning red, take a look at what the levels are of the mods you put in and see if there over your current level.

Vertígö - PVP Shadow

Audri - Marauder

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Forum Index -> Help!!! All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: